Layout

Sunday 19 May 2013

IndigoBlu Poppies

I've decided to have a stab at the IndigoBluChallenge this month.  I don't have many of their stamps but recently purchased the blazing poppies stamp and by coincidence this months theme just happens to be flowers so I think it was meant to be. I stamped the poppies onto some cream textured card using Momento

Teal ink then coloured in the poppies, leaves, small flowers, butterfly and caterpillar with Promarkers.  I clear embossed the leaves and small flowers, then masked off the poppies and shaded in the background with tumbled glass and dried marigold distress inks, my favourite colour combination. I used an IndigoBlu With Love word stamp and flourish in Teal again onto cream card and cut out using a Spellbinder die shading with dried marigold. I cut 2 butterflies using a die and shaded with tumbled glass and dried marigold and used some small gems for a butterfly trail. Finally I stamped and coloured the poppies again cut them out and used them to decoupage the base design with 2 more layers. The finished work is matted onto a piece of complementary coloured card from my cupboard and I am very pleased with the end result.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments they are very welcome feedback.