Sunday, 26 February 2017


A parchment card made using the following  Clarity  Groovi plates:

Jaynes Dahlias, Groovi border plate and Universal Framer plates

I etched the design on some coloured parchment and did some white work and then used
pencils to colour from behind.  I've also added some glitter to the flower petals.

I started with the Dahlias and then framed with the Universal Framer which I had to extend slightly to fit around the flowers.  I've done quite bit of piercing and snipping around the inner frame and actually feel quite pleased with the results which seem to be a bit more uniform than in the past, obviously practice does work.  I've then mounted this onto another piece of the same colour parchment using the border plate to make another frame round the outside. 

This is my entry for the February Clarity Groovi competition.  Comments welcome.

Saturday, 18 February 2017

3 Pussycats

Been getting a bit inky this week as I wanted to try out the Meadow Grass stamps which I bought recently from Clarity and the Entwined cat stamps also from Clarity that I love.

I stamped and heat embossed the 3 cats then cut them out and glued them onto the centre of the card after adding the paw marks onto a boarder at the bottom.

The background was created using some Adirondack inks in Sailboat blue, Lettuce and Mountain Rose and edged both pieces with a black pen.

I am entering this card into the following blog challenges:
Stamping Sensations  - Animal Magic
Penny Black - Use a favourite stamp
Alphabet Challenge - Y for You Choose
Allsorts Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for looking your comments will be very welcome.

A bit of paper piecing

 A card using the Silk Ribbon Bouquet A5 stamp set which is my entry into the February Clarity World challenge.

To make the card I've used 2 papers from the Sweet Dreams paper pad.  I die cut a shape from the pink paper and stamped the bouquet with black Versmark ink and heat embossed with detail clear powder and coloured with a mix of Promarkers and Distress pens and then backed that with a slightly larger die cut in purple card.  For the individual flowers in the bouquet I stamped onto the same pattern paper I've used for the background and glued onto the main bouquet.  I used another die to create the large flower from the pink paper I've stamped the image onto.and added some die cut foliage and pearl embellishments.

Thanks for looking, as always comments really welcome.