Well after having had the parchment starter kit since last November I've finally found the time, and courage, to have a go after buying a a floral plate at the Northern Papercraft show in York. I won't say its my absolute first attempt because I had a practice with the starter kit (which was a disaster) and then did a practice piece similar to the one below, but it's my first finished piece and you have to do some practicing don't you. I'm not completely happy with the outcome but for a new starter I don't think its too shabby.
I really enjoyed making this card and have since joined the Groovi Design club because it's something I know I want to do more of.
I am entering this for the Clarity Blog Challenge. I hope it fits the theme of masking as I used the plate to extend the design and covered over both the outer frame and the word banner. If I had been stamping the design I would have had to use a mask.
The thing I've discovered I need to practice most is the white work because I feel I am being too heavy handed/impatient, and setting the word banner was quite challenging as well having to work backwords but it looked presentable enough in the end I think.
I hope you like this card any comments, tips etc will be very welcome.