Layout

Monday 2 May 2016

One Hundred Years Old

A card for a lovely lady who lives in the same Care Home as my Mother in law.  She is 100 this month and more alert and mobile than some 20 years younger.

To make the card I embossed some white card with an embossing folder for the background and shaped mat for the flower and added glitter into the debossed areas.  These have then both been matted onto some pink card.  The flower is from Honeydoo Crafts its heat embossed onto parchment using sparkling WOW embossing powder and I used the same technique for the banner and the sentiment.  I used a pink Promarker to colour the back of the parchment flower, flags and sentiment and put pearls at the edge of the banner and sentiment.  The banner and numbers are from Clarity Stamp but I'm not sure which stamp set I took the sentiment from now.


I hope you like this card as much as I do, your comments will be very welcome.

I am entering this card into the following blog challenges:
Thats Crafty - Go figure
Crafty Boots - Monochrome
Fantasy Stampers - Monochrome
Crafty Cardmakers - Pearls or Gems

4 comments:

  1. Wow! 100 years old. How inspiring. A lovely design, an elegant, yet sweet look. Thank you for joining us this challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
    :) Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to this lady, I am sure she will love your fabulous card. It is a wonderful design with the pretty pink and lots of glitter. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - so elegant and beautifully made.

    Thanks for joining us at Fantasy Stampers.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a milestone and a very beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments they are very welcome feedback.