Layout

Tuesday 28 April 2015

New Home

Its been a hectic few weeks when, among other things, I've been helping my Dad and Sister to down size and move house.  This is a card I made for them to wish them well in their new home.

The card itself has a pre cut centre front embossed in a lattice pattern, which I found in my box of bits. For the inside of the card I drew around the shape of the front aperture onto a piece of white card and cut to fit. Using stencil brush I applied some Adirondack Mountain Rose and Aubergine inks onto the card after putting a moon mask in the middle.  I stamped the birdhouse,fence, squirrel and bird using Clarity Stamps then added the sentiment, also a Clarity stamp, into the moon area.  For the background I brushed some Mountain Rose ink through a Clarity dotty mask before gluing the picture in place.



Once the card is closed the picture is framed by the lattice embossed front onto which I added some handmade flowers and foliage cut with a die and coloured with the same inks as I used in the centre.  The sentiment on the front of the card is LilioftheValley.

Thank you for taking a look, your comments will be very welcome.

I am entering this card into the following blog challenges
Crafty Calendar - Add a Sentiment
Vintage Stamping - Handmade Flowers
Krafty Hands - Natures Work
Natalie and Amy - Frame It
Crafty Cardmakers - Dots

7 comments:

  1. A beautiful card with beautiful flowers.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty layout! Love the cut opening in the front of the card. Your handmade flowers are super sweet. Thank you for sharing your creative project with us at the Vintage Stamping Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really beautiful card. I love the scene you have created with the inks and stamps and your colours are very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers and more. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there . What I like is your journaling clear and precise. love the scene that you created
    Beautiful card Thanks for sharing with Kraftyhands challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beauty Steph, thanks so much for sharing a second card with us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great creation - thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments they are very welcome feedback.