Layout

Tuesday 30 July 2013

Donkeys on the Beach

This card has given me a chance to practice some techniques, and I admit its probably the 4th version/ attempt to get something I felt was worth submitting for the July Clarity Stamp Challenge Oh I do like to be beside the sea theme.  I used the Clarity silk card and masked a border on all 4 sides stamping the Bunnies into the border then masking when dry.  I brayered Aderondack Stonewash and Denim for the sky after using cotton wool soaked in Versamark to make some wispy clouds.  For the sea I used Aderondack Pool and darkened with some of the leftover denim, running the brayer over some scrunched up paper to get texture for the water. For the sand I made a wavy template and brayered Mustard Seed Distress ink onto the card and then added some shading with Aderondack Peach Bellini, Tea Dye Distress ink for the sand dunes and meadow for the grasses from the Bunnies Set and the top of the Cow Parsley Clarity club stamp.  The flocks of flying birds are hand drawn with as black pen, the boat is hand drawn as demonstrated by Barbara in the April 2013 Create and Craft show (after several tries on scrap paper).  I've added some glitter around the shoreline for shingle and stamped the donkeys from the Countryside set onto the beach and finally the thank you stamp which was the last Clarity Club stamp. I drew a border around the picture and used the thick end of a Gold Promarker to edge the card and then matted onto some turquoise card.


7 comments:

  1. Clever design Steph, love the bunnies peeping over! Good luck in the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this,,,Good Luck in the challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea - I remember the donkeys on the beach from my childhood.

    Good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea - I remember the donkeys on the beach from my childhood.

    Good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Steph, I like the donkeys on the beach, I too remember them from my childhood. I like the way you've used the cow parsley stamp, it's very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the composition of this one - it's so cute! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments they are very welcome feedback.