Layout

Sunday 31 August 2014

A postcard

I'm working on increasing my small collection of Justrite Stamps, they have some fantastic sets and they stamp beautifully well worth the investment I think.. This is my latest acquisition and I've really enjoyed using it the hardest part was deciding on the colour scheme.

I made my first card with the postcard stamp yesterday by stamping with Archival black ink onto some cream card.  For the flower I used water and a brush to apply Adirondack Peach Bellini and Worn Lipstick Distress ink for shading, Shabby Shutters and Crushed Olive for the leaves. The butterfly is Peacock Feathers Distress Ink and the butterfly on the top left has been cut out, coloured and glossed with glossy accents.  I shaded the card with Antique Linen Distress ink, die cut some leafy swirls and stamped some Dreamees flower stamps for embellishment. These flower stamps are lovely as well, this is the first I've used them.  I stamped with Versamark then heat embossed with different embossing folders to try out different effects.  I can see me playing with these a lot when I've got a bit more time.

The background paper is from the Lili of the Valley Antebellum paper pad matted onto a complementary card.  Finally I used some Stickles glitter glue around the edges and on the flower.

I hope you like the finished card, any comments will be very welcome thanks for looking.

I am entering this card for the following challanges:
Crafty Boots Challenge - Postcards
Crafty Calendar Challenge  - Anything Goes
Artistic Stamper Blog Challenge - Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door  - Anything Goes



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Stephanie!!! Love that stamp and your coloring!
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project, the postcard stamp is brilliant, I love how you have used it. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb card. I love the stamp and all the elements you have used with it are perfect. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning,really pretty.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Steph

    Many congratulations on being placed in the Crafty Boots 'Postcard' Challenge.

    Don't forget to collect a copy of the Crafty Boots Challenge badge from our blog.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments they are very welcome feedback.