Layout

Wednesday 6 August 2014

Violets

I've seen a number of examples of Justrite Stamps and Dies used on TV recently and been keen to try them out, they do some lovely designs. I added to my small collection when I went to the Summer Crafting show in Doncaster recently and this is the first card I've made using both stamps and matching dies.  The stamps I have are a mixture of rubber and the clear polymer variety and they are beautiful quality and stamp a very clear image. I believe the dies are made by Spellbinders so also good quality, worth the investment.

This is a card I made for my daughter's birthday on Monday.  I've used purple and cream cardstock, the background is embossed with a Stamposaurus Stencil through the Grand Caliber and some purple ribbon and beading have been used around the bottom.  I made the flowers on the ribbon  from Craftwork Card Candi coloured with Dusty Concord Distress ink and glued together to form, what I hope looks like, a violet flowerhead. I've added a small yellow gem to the centre of each flower.  The flowers and leaves around the mainimage are made using a Dreamees Stamp set (also a recent purchase) and some more Dusty Concord ink. The main image is the Violette Vintage Labels Justrite Stamp  coloured with both distress markers and promarkers. I hope you like the finished card and any comments you make will be very welcome





I am entering this card for the following blog challenges:
Ladybug - Favourite Colour
Stamping Sensations - Anything Goes
The Artistic Stamper - Anything Goes
Crafty Boots - Flowers
Crafting at the Weekend - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps - Make your Mark
Crafting from the Heart- Anything goes
Through the Craftroom Door


8 comments:

  1. I adore the smell of violets and your card evokes the memory of them perfectly. Beautiful. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love violets, and purple, so this ticks all the boxes for me, Stephanie! A really lovely card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Steph, I love the colours you have used and the pretty little flowers. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenge.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the design and colours! Happy Birthday to your daughter! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card, purple is my fav color! :) Thanks for joining us at Crafting From The Heart! Angie-DT

    http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
    http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the design and the lovely purple! Thanks for joining us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, your design and colors are relly nice. Thank you for joining TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Steph! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Artistic Stamper.
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments they are very welcome feedback.