Layout

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Whimsical Water-Bleaching Technique

Hi, I am entering this card into the August Craft Stamper Magazine Challenge for which I needed to choose a technique from one of the 2014 Craft Stamper Magazine issues.  I decided to have a go at the Whimsical Water-Bleaching technique shown on pages 38 and 39 of the September 2014 issue by Rikka Kovasin.  Distressing backgrounds is something I've only dabbled with before and I really wanted to have a go at this and the results are below.

Using some coated card I blended Pickled Raspberry and Wild Honey Distress inks. I then spritzed water onto the Creative Expressios Rose background stamp.and stamped onto the inked card lifting off some of the ink which I then stamped onto a separate piece of card and I've used that piece for the central panel.  The dress is another Creative Expressions stamp coloured with the same Distress Inks using some cut and dry foam and a bit of masking to make sure the pink roses stood out from the yellow background.  The roses around the bottom are from Indigoblu, I stamped twice onto coated card with black Archival ink, coloured with the same Distress inks and cut out to frame the bottom edge.

To assemble the card I used some black card to mat the background onto.  I cut an aperture with a Spellbinders Die and used some mounting foam to raise the background up.  I cut out the dress and adhered it to the card inside the aperture and used Pinflair glue to attach the roses at the bottom corner.  Finally I used a Justrite die to stamp the sentiment onto with Black Archival, the sentiment is also from Justrite.

Thank you for looking, your comments are welcome.



6 comments:

  1. Great technique and beautiful results! The colors on your card are so vibrant. Thanks so much for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours and a great card, thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, nice bright colours too. Thank you for joining in with the Take It Make It Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie this turned out so beaitiful using the technique :-) Thanks for joining us at the Take it Make it challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those delicate pinks and oranges Stephanie! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Blog Challenge this month! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning,love the colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments they are very welcome feedback.